maanantai 24. helmikuuta 2014



One of my new year's promises was to keep myself open to new people & experiences. Unbelievable how hard it has proven to be!

Afterwork drinks has become at least once a week activity and I can barely keep up with my already busy schedule. (Sorry for all of you who I still haven been able to give a slot).

Proud single women wont beg for roses or attention on valentines day (And I didn't get anything... oh sorry actually all you guys back in Finland remembered me as well as Fiona in here. But nothing from men...or that man) so me and Caterina found our way to the Loop bar for a few drinks and rounds in the dance floor.

My voice is still down from saturday's "a drink". But I warmly recommend O'Neil's to anyone looking for a bit more relaxed place with sports, live music etc. (Beware of the sticky floors!)

BTW my scale of emotions have been overwhelming during the olympics. Finland did so well (could have done better but medal is medal). One morning babysitting became absolutely convenient when Finland's women's team was playing against Sweden and the family had a nice TV with all the channels. Baby boy got a lesson of patriotism and the real sport ice hockey! At my work they have been understanding during games when I had to quickly dive to the locker room to the results every 15min. One of my colleagues is originally from USA and oh how sweet it has been rubbing that salt to his wounds after FIN 5-0 USA game. With a american attitude his trying to show of a poker face and say that why to bother to play properly when it's not gold but I know you guys too well! WOOP WOOP! World Championships in a couple of months. Can't wait!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olympics/finland-routs-team-usa-5-0-hockey-bronze-article-1.1698396


Lately I have had a lot of fun and "extra rights" due to been a woman, blond, immigrant, short and curvy etc. So I got the right to put everything on been a foreigner when misspelling things or not understanding everything immediately. Of course one of my rights is again to open my mouth and criticize about things I don't fully agree with.

As an immigrant immigration policy is close to my heart. I have been brought up with a traditional manner with some kick in it. You always work hard (no matter what) and respect the culture around you. One feature to show the respect is to learn the language right? Well once again the amazing men approach you in the pub trying to small talk with you and during the conversation you find out that them guys have worked in Sweden as well. 6 months to 1 year and I felt angry when I found out that they didn't know a single phrase in swedish. Seriously! Not a single simple line! And swedish is one of the most easiest languages to learn!  At that point I decided not to bother with them guys. That is just plain ignorance and laziness. No one is going to come and talk to you if you don't make the effort, get out of your comfort zone and approach them.

And I probably testified the best ice breaking line ever: "So you guys are from scandinavia?". C'mon! Why didn't he just ask something more obvious like: "Hey you guys are women?". So of course when I'm in the mood I start taking the piss out of them: Jååå-å! We're from SwEdEn! Umeå! She is da nurse, she da midwife and I'm da daktar! JååÅå! For some odd reason the guy gave up walked away. Later thinking I feel a bit sorry for him but hey... plain hey how u doin? Would have worked pretty well.

I came to conclusion that unfortunately I'm approaching my big brothers levels of sick sense of humor.

My cupcakes have proven to become more delicious every single time. Behold! Blueberry-white chocolate-lemon cupcakes!


BTW Ville this is waiting for you:
The light bulb broke when trying to swap it. Now the metal thingy stayed inside that lamp thingy and as I'm afraid of electronic shock and only own 1 working upper limb I sit in the darkness with candles. Big brother come and save me!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti