torstai 18. syyskuuta 2014

Sorry guys in advance. Sometimes it's good to lift my chin up and see what's going in the world instead of bathing in my own worries of getting my shoulder fixed, forming life's plans and relocating.

Here's a result of my silent self-wondering thoughts: 



Today's the day Scotland is voting for it's independence.

Lets state the facts:
-Scotland being independent from the Early Middle Ages till late 1500s and  from 1603 England and Scotland shared the same monarch James VI of Scotland who was declared the King of England and Ireland during the union of crowns. .
-United kingdom was formed in the 1800.
The United Kingdom as we know it today without the Southern Ireland was formed 1922.
(If there is any inaccurate information here please forgive me. I'm only an ignorant immigrant in London)

The question here is what will happen if Scotland leaves the UK?... The press and media has been pretty interesting  with different point of views and today's Daily Mail had the most funniest threat: "Scotland cannot participate to the national lottery anymore nor Euromillion!".

Forming a working country and government is not only time consuming but costs a big deal of money as well. How about forming an army and the intelligence department?... From NHS to Scotland's own unit? Isn't there already separate areas and departments looking after these things for Scotland's region that can be easily transferred to "Independent Scotland"-ones?

I've spent some time reading the new, trying to understand the history behind all of this from there forming my point of view but I got to be honest here and say: I really don't have a clue what to say.

I was horrified how hostile people were against EU and blamed EU about all of the problems even thought UK was the first ones to be in EU in 1973 and has 29 council votes and 73 Euro Parliament seats (vs  Finland's 7/13) and surely has a big decision making role in EU. Does the british even know that?

And now United Kingdom is panicking when we all know that scottish, irish and immigrants have always been treated a bit like second class citizens with different regulations, rules and behavior towards them. (Sorry no reference for that but this is what I've been witnessing during my stay here AND this doesn't happen all the time's ok?!.. Some people still know how to use common sense).  

First of all I was angry that the media, news etc. didn't really mention Russian and Ukraine's situation (What I've been following using internet and the finnish news) that much but concentrated on a silly little matters like what the rich and famous are doing, how to prepare to the cold season and who insulted UK again? But than I saw the news about the vote for Scotland's independence. Than it hit me.

The English way of trying to lower down the possible panic, public awareness etc. is to be ignorant/keep people ignorant towards things that don't really matter that much is to make them seem like the smallest things in the world. Make a bull look like a fly. Clever boys!

What will happen if Scotland becomes independent? Will a wave of independence flush through the whole EU and for example in such a little country like Finland even the Åland islands wants to become independent? (No more learning forced finnish... and having better opportunities to study such a subjects like medicine in the swedish speaking cluster.. Heja Åland!) At least the Catalonia of Spain has these hopes up already.

Would these kind of things happening RIGH NOW be good for the future of Europe? Well Putin probably will be happy due to him getting a change to concentrate on his world ruling mission and everybody's attention away from Ukraine (like the propaganda of plans to take over Finland are...). The propaganda, spying etc. has completely transformed in the last century and for example I don't even want to know what small little details about me can be formed in a matters of seconds.

To put it all together I can't really is it good time for scotland to become independent nor what is actually really going on in the politics but  at these times, the citizens of Europe as the World as well, should concentrate of seeing behind the news to understand what is real and what's not so real and where we ought to concentrate and turn are eyes to see.  

I can assure you it wont be your belly buttons and using blinds will only make things worse.


Propaganda from Bushe's America during world war II


I now consider EU, England and London my home as much I consider Finland to be my home. It's a bit worrying some to see it slightly shattering apart and all confused.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti