sunnuntai 14. syyskuuta 2014

WARNING
The following text may contain matter that is hard to handler for simple minded individuals and especially those who lack understanding of good old sarcasm.


I found  perfect video to describe the reason of my 24/7 on going pissed off mood.



1. If there's a frame repair and me and my male colleague in the front reception. Who will they ask first to help?... The male of course.

2. Why do I so often have to reveal how many a years I've been working in a optical profession to make them understand that I likely know exactly what I'm speaking about?

3. And why when I'm walking past a group of guys/ladies etc whistling, shouting after me and making those summoning noises developed for pets should be considered a compliment? (And if I have to list here what I was wearing I'm going to consider that as an insult...)

Worst to me is not media nor men but other women. We look down on women who dress up and look pretty as the media wants us to look like, sometimes behave questionable  and downgrade our "intellectuality" to appeal to men and when the woman is behaving against the mainstream expectations we think that she's not making enough effort. Yet speak about women's rights and how we should be treated equally.  Logical behavior?..




So life isn't really that easy.

I often get eyes rolled at me and asked "You're into shopping and small dogs?" and I have to prove myself that I'm actually an independent woman who has brains (sometimes working all fine and in some subjects not that well). Why?!

talking about my experiences and history: in the dating scenes it's even worse. Often I get treated cheaply as I would give to every guy that squeezes my bum, says I'm beautiful, buys me a drink and I'm a fucking frigid when I don't. (Women having a healthy sexual life are bitches vs. guys fucking around are studs) I also hear the comments: "You actually seem like a good person and have brains too". Why is it so surprising?  Doesn't people usually have brains and personality? Just because you look like a crazy ass material party young girl doesn't mean it's reality.

Then I end up proving myself 24/7 to the guy that I can actually change a light bulb, use computer, build a bookshelf, make a fire, calculate algebra, know something about the history, read the news...

And at that point I just get fed up.

At what point would the man prove to me that his loyal, understand the astrology, can cook, be gentle, speak about emotions, weep when watching sentimental movies, know how to change baby's diapers  etc?

Talking about clichés here...

In Finland it's even more complex: Men want that smart hot sexy ass beauty queen but you also got to wear wellies, be down to earth, have crazy "woman drama"-fits,  know how kill a bear and not be a princess.

When it has become such a "proving myself to be worth to know"-show?



Or am I making a fuzz out of nothing and understanding things completely irrationally here?!

When I'm searching for the significant other the first thing in my mind is not to try to prove that the clichés in the other person are right (Muscles= no brains, fat=lazy, Big feet=big dick, working class=trashy, public schools=idiot...) but I actually try to get to know him and see if he actually could be a man who I could see myself growing old with without becoming crazy, perhaps set up a family and who could challenge me and give that little push when I doubt myself as I would to him.

After all the beauty fades away as does our minds with every passing minute...







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti