maanantai 4. helmikuuta 2013

As a northern person it is absolutely absurd to me how it can be such a surprise for Londoners that the winter is coming. Especially the way they react to snow. They are looking forward of seeing some snow but when we finally get some snow it's a maniac. Total disaster...


Armageddon has arrived! Transportation stops, schools close (even my uni!) and at work we close earlier so that everybody gets home. (luckily because my normal 1-1.5hh travel doubled that evening. )

And the big question is: Does London learn anything from this? NO! Apparently this happens every year! Talking about the old dog learning new things...

Sorry for being so quiet for so long. Updating my blog has been second to my uni and work stuff.  But let me give you a brief look to my christmas and new year! It's not wrong to start the christmas eve with 2h gym workout right? Bodypump with Britney Spierse - Crazy and spinning "high" tuned by Nirvana - Teen spirit.  So my first xmas present was reaching the exercise euphoria. Also know as "seeing red" by street fighters or finding the zone among other sports people. More understood by dancers when it's all about the music and when you are "one" with the tunes. In medical circles we would probably call it an adrenaline spike!

 I got lucky and my uni friend invited me and Ira to join to his and his girlfriends "Orphan Christmas". Those unlucky ones who were about to spend the xmas alone were all invited. Such a nice atmosphere! Fantastic food spiced up with some salsa music! Amazing people!  Nico and Mira really made my xmas! Pictures tell more than thousands words right?

I got a bit over exited about the baking. 1 Person=tons of food? Er..
Kitchen finally clean! A rare sight to see nowadays.


Most amazing christmas meal!



Special guest. I swear he was eyeing on me. I'll come back to you Bruce!
Weather at xmas day




Nico and a new shirt
Time to open the presents!



These xmas hats from the crackers are something to adapt to finnish culture




I've always wondered the true meaning of these hats..





Our very own Gizmo the xmas dog!

Some me, myself and I - time holiday period. Definitely needed!
Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my own cooking and xmas dinner. But I can tell you that it was amazing: Chicken, beef, roasted veggies... and this is the icing of the cake. My very own strawberry cake and a glass of wine!



New years eve was a blast and we all had fun with pretty much the same bunch of people. The evening included amazing cooking buy Angelo, crazy shouting and drinking in italian/spanish on the balcony and breaking the coat hanging thingy on the wall and the bench... yeas by me and only me! (Hopefully this means that I'll have a fantastic year 2013?...) Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the evening.

BTW: My dear friends in Finland! You'll have some work to do because this girl isn't drinking that much as before. No way! I must have hit my head or something but I simply can't handle large amounts of alcohol anymore! (That doesn't lower my love towards good quality vodka at all..) Usually a few glasses of wine or pints of cider will do and at some point of the night I switch to lemonade and lime or soda and lime. That could be due to the fact that I always study or work so for me it is crucial to function well 24/7 and hangover isn't stylish. That is why I barely ever suffer from hangover!

After the holidays the reality truly bitch slapped me again and there I was. 2 essays to be done and biochemistry exam behind the corner like a blood thirsty beast staring at me with it's small pig eyes! I actually managed to return the essays in time and hopefully they will satisfy the jury as they satisfied me. A bit last minute there... but hey? What can a girl do to her bohemian nature? Biochemistry exam was a completely different story and I'll be truly surprised if I pass. Purely an attitude problem! I admit it! I hated biochemistry and didn't even open the books on time! And when I did and brainwashed my self with Pavlov technique offering myself a homemade brownie every time I finished a chapter I noticed that this is not that hard after all... But what can you do when the time is running out? Well try again in the re sit! JiiiHAA!

So this was the shorten story of my holidays and the reality slap. At the moment I lay in my sick bed (the proper flu with 39C fever, muscle- and headache etc.)  wondering how on earth did I forget my blog completely because this is a great fun! Public humiliation!

Till next time sweethearts!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti