torstai 14. helmikuuta 2013

Well look what we got  here today? The day of Love! The day of pressure to show your feelings in a form of a love balloon, chocolate, pink cards, pink fluffy handcuffs, a whip... what ever you choose! I thought whining again about making money out of big emotions and commercializing everything. But as a romantic person I actually do love the whole idea of making effort towards your loved ones at least once a year. (In finnish culture people tend to forget to show their emotions especially towards their loved ones).

http://wallpaperswide.com/red_roses-wallpapers.html


And just to make the valentines day a bit more exiting try something new:

  •  I was on a date last week. (actually a good date in a long..very long time) Dinner and a movie.  Classic you may think BUT the movie was Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. Blood, sweat and tears! Overdose of the blood and violence! Not a classical date movie but I LOVE TARANTINO MOVIES! There's nothing like he's way of using the violence and quirky characters and genius plots. Revenge is maybe his favorite subject and the man just knows how mix&match and question the clishes. (Don't you worry my Tarantino collection back in Finland: Mama's going to come and get you!).
  • My ex fiance really knew how to spoil a girl. Once he took me to see a boxing match. Amin Asikainen (one of the most known finnish boxers) against a russian guy if I remember right. (not his best match I must say But I really had a fantastic time.) The other time he tried to cook a meal for me and the result was eatable.  He got out of his comfort zone to please me! That if something is love. 

So instead of cliché  solutions try something new that you already kind of know that your special someone would enjoy. Write a poem? Bake something? Take a bootcamp class together? Try some tantric massage?

Valentines day in Finland is more like a day of friendship. Therefore I dedicate this blog text to all of my friends:

My friends this is why I love you: 
1. You make sure that I don't settle just for the "ok" one. For example making me always take the double shot of vodka in my drinks or order the supersize sunday.

2. I never get bored!
-After a boozy cruise in the spring  I may yet again receive a christmas card including evidence of that wild night...
-Suddenly I may have a text from one of you who's traveling around the world saying that you're drunk in a church and soon having a bad hangover. What should you do? As always you did receive my amazing advice "Confess your sins my child!".
- Kossu-kahvin paikka! (Time for some coffee and vodka)

3. The most amazing memories:
- My 20th birthday I got a card from 2 of my friends who know me and my mother hen nature damn too well: "Congrats! You didn't become a teenage mom!".
-Philosophical moments on a hill with a bottle of wine.
-surprise "snow washes" and snow angels at winter times.
-Best after party ever: Toboggan at 4am!
-Our football teams come back as the fallen stars and leaving with a metal around our neck.
-Shopping cart in a cruise cabin: Who's idea was that?!
- The 3 jägerbomb technique will always result the best nights ever.
- Most memorable new year ever with sangria, singing and modern dancing. 
-Those long summer days at my friends families summer garden cottage in the centre of Helsinki.

If I was in trouble you were there to help me and if I needed trouble you were there to assist me. 

There's so much to mention about you my friend but unfortunately there's not enough space for a proper novel so I'll promise you that we'll keep on making those memories for the years to come!

But lets not forget my folks back home: I may always whine about the amount of drama in my family and how big troubling characters they are but the truth is I wouldn't be what I am today without them. (It's getting a bit too peaceful in here here so I'll be there to visit you and to get my dose of that drama for the next half a year in a couple of months.)

-Without my mom and grandmas I wouldn't have learned to be the lady and diva I am today (and clean the toilet, hang the curtains, decorate, cook, bake, dance, sing etc. the right way.)

-Without you dad I wouldn't be the stubborn independent strong little princess I am today. All those fights in the past and yet to come and conversations of being the same blood and respecting your own clan.

-Thanks to you my brother, uncle and dad nowadays a small form military operation is needed if a man wants to get serious with me.

-Sisters and auntie: You have given me the reality woman as an idol I can look up to anytime when I need some confidence!

We'll always have those moments of doubts and fights but I can always be sure that you would always be there for me when the time is right.  Love and hate are really similar emotions and walk hand in hand. Rarely only hate or love is involved. (There must be some strange awkward love towards the people I hate?...Er...) The opposite of love is not hate it is coldness. The emotion when you don't care at all.

I've already been in the gym and prepared mentally for some evening brownie baking and eating half of the whole set ('cos it's a valentines day I'll probably have to share my double  chocolate brownies with my flat mates) while watching a movie. This is how surprising my love life is. 

I'll eat those brownies with all of you sweeties in my heart!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti