perjantai 15. helmikuuta 2013

England is definitely getting points for it's early spring.



No melting dirty icy snow nor those nice smelly dog sh*** surprises in the middle of the road! In the end of march when you guys in Finland are shivering at home under 10 blankets I'll be sunbathing in battersea park in my bikinis. PAY BACK TIME!

Because spring is always the time for a new fresh start I realized that I should probably do something to my man situation. Wake up girl, stop falling for the wrong guy and replace the s-a-h-a-r-a (and a man who's obviously not that into you...) and get a man who really appreciates the amazing woman you are!

First job: Get out of the flat! It could really help the situation if I would squeeze a night out every week to my schedule and not just keep my head in the books, run to the gym or work my butt of 24/7.

But I just have to comment the previous sentence. I have noticed that the behavior in the clubs and pubs can occasionally something out of this world:

Just like last week. (Again.) I was on the bar desk minding my own business and enjoying my wine while my friend and her boyfriend were dancing this young man starts a conversation with me:
"Hi..You're sexy. Are you russian?"
"Hi.. actually I'm finnish"
"Oh.. I was thinking that we could have some nice time together and enjoy each others company.."
"Err... ok... you mean a date?..."
"No. Not a date...I'm not living here"
.........

Ehem... excuse me! Does that really work?! Where do these guys learn their manners?! If a woman looks russian it means that she's one of those girls?!  (the russian women I know are maybe the most decent and well mannered women too.) I didn't even show that much bare skin an actually I was dressed really stylishly with black dress and heels. Show some respect!

And why on earth the vertical foreplay is considered to be dancing?! Immediately when you agree to dance with someone he'll think that it's the permission to perform a manual body scan....

Luckily the women from my family never accept that kind of behavior and end up being doormats in front of every guy.

And I do have to admit that I also have my independent woman moments: If a man tells me (in my best condition of course) that I shouldn't behave in a certain way I look at him under my eyebrows, stubbornly lift my chin up like a diva, dance with 10 guys, kiss half of them and show my ring finger shouting: "Do you see a ring?! Do I have a boyfriend?! Are you my dad or brother?! I DO WHAT EVER I WANT TO DO!"

So maybe just going out is not the solution for my situation?...

I had a cat whisperer moment the other night. I was walking back home after a nice relaxing pilates session when a saw a cat. The cat stared at me with it's huge eyes. There we were. Me and a cat. Staring each other like nothing else existed in the world. Seconds passed and I reached out and the cat responded by walking next to me. A hand against silky fur. Small silent purr and the shared moment was over. I continued my way back home with one question in my head: Does this mean that I'll be the true old maid with tons of cats?!

That's why I have actually learned to enjoy my single girl moments and showed the love towards myself (well can't really get it from anywhere else..) by cooking amazing meals and baking fantastic brownies, cornbread etc.  After a long night out and tingly palm (due to teaching the boys who's the queen) a perfect Bridget Jones moment watching romantic movies, sobbing in pyjamas and eating a box of chocolates is legal and accepted!

Just to share one of my moments with you...


BTW I think that I just made the biggest mistake ever in my life by telling my relatives that I'll be visiting them in a couple of months. I just got informed that it should be good for me to have more than a week in Finland and that they may have something planned for me.

Today my colleague (after hearing the previous info) commented:
"Maybe they're getting you married?"

I just realized that actually could be quite a possible thing from my family. At least it would be a relief for my dad! So if in April when I go to Finland and there would be a huge rough looking guy with a bouquet in his hands who greeds me with a slightly rough accent finnish/english "Hello...I'm your husband" I wouldn't be too surprised!

This means an emergency meeting with the girls tomorrow evening: Good music, a lot of laughter and dancing!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti