tiistai 15. huhtikuuta 2014

Couple of days ago I was enjoying a afterwork drink with my male colleagues and oh my lord... the quality of conversations! I actually feel a bit appreciated that the guys felt comfortable of speaking about such matters with a presence of a female... actually they pretty much loved to take the piss out of me! (But I must say that if any man would ever hear what we girls really talk about. I'm pretty sure we would see a lot of open mouths and red faces. )

Then the countdown started and the final evening flew by in a excited euphoric state of mind. Last evening watching The Bounty hunter (Gerard Butler is bone melting hot hot HOT!) and so with this "chick flick" zeroing down the expectation levels and my bad habit of overanalyzing everything.



All for me!
Early morning at the launderette, some packing and BOOM! Heathrow airport and in a blink of a eye I was on Finnair plane on my way home!

I really an't remember when I last had a loooong holiday since I was in the sweet age of sixteen. When I started working the work just never seems to end. So I take this long break as a change to load my batteries back on my roots and take a break from my life. It has been lately far from simple...


BTW I may have start to stick up with a more natural look. Unbelievable how many men approached offering their help with the luggage or made an eye contact etc! (So why to even bother to make any effort with hair and make up?! Well... I just like to dress up and feel spoiled with my beauty routines.)

The plane started landing on a perfect timing. The sun was just about to set the horizon and revealed the beautiful coast line with all of the small islands and shimmered from the small lakes not to forget to mention the absolutely amazing rural nature!

Due to amazing finnish efficiency I literally had to run from the departure gate to fetch my luggage from the luggage collection area.  Up here north there's no waiting time at all. BOOM at it's on the line even before you walk out from the plane it seems.

I had to even run to the buss!

Cultural shock hit me properly when doing some small grocery shopping. I smiled way too much and used too many "excuse me", "oh sorry..." and "thank you's". This 2 meters tall and wide strong blond  viking like guy just looked at me with a poker face and smiled ever so slightly obviously amused about my behavior.  I really didn't remember that actually I'm short in Finland and pretty small sized.  Finns are just broad shouldered! The shock continued in the buss when people didn't really speak that much (only the foreigners) and just looked at their smart phones sitting all alone in their own corners. An everybody looked so cold with expressionless faces and fair/blond features.

You can see that air is so fresh that even the sky is more blue. Feels so good to breath fresh air!
And about the traffic... What traffic? Rush hours? What are they?...


We finns don't spend time in words but in actions. When I rang the bell my dad came downstairs and hugged me the first time, took my luggage upstairs and hugger me again in the hall way. (We don't  usually hug that much). I heard from my mum that he actually made sure that my room is fresh and bedlinen clean by keeping the windows open for 2 days and pillows+duvet in the balcony to freeze all the  dust mites away.  Then he pointed out that there should be plenty of rice cakes and fruits for my taste, Gin long drink in the fridge and some chocolate in my room. He wanted me to know that they will fatten me up during my visit here.  After this I heard that my mother expects me to join her to her hospital visit tomorrow. And did I already mention that my grand mom has already booked a day to clean her house?...

The way we show love and been interested of someone is obviously a bit complex for people from other cultures. We finns never ask for help or show that we're weak. But when we do ask for someones help or when we automatically help someone it shows a great deal of trust and respect. Our way to show love happens in daily tasks. We'll make sure no one is hungry, our loved ones have everything they need for their daily living and show them that they are needed even in the most simplest tasks. Even asking how this and that did go etc. shows a great deal of caring. It's not only a politeness for us to keep up a small talk.

And just for a good laugh. We never say anything (emotional matters are a hard subject for us to talk about)  but the words are printed everywhere.

Like in a form of a poem on a toilet paper! (When did this happen!?)



I am a shoulder for you.
Just lean with all your heart. 
I love you.








A rough cheek.

Rugged toes.

A bit of belly.

Yet so soft....

And tender.










My words and actions have become more sweeter and more easily to understand during my time in London (thanks to you guys!) but I still have so much to learn! So if I seem a bit bossy or ask for help it means I really care for you.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti