keskiviikko 23. huhtikuuta 2014

The sun has definitely blessed Finland and that means a lot of outdoor activities... that includes a lot of barbecuing, drinks and you name it.

Let the pictures speak!


There're so many foods that you can't get in England so of course I have to make the best out of my visit.
 








Does this look like a holiday? If I'm not cleaning up my parents flat I'll surely be put in work at my grandma's house. She has been planning a redecoration of her house and my eyes for interior design are needed.
Some rare samples of the urban art left in Pasila 




Let me introduce you my new man: Vili!




 So there we were in Kallio at Johanna's amazing flat speaking about rational stuff that we always do. Everything went so well and smoothly before The Great Egg Hunt. For some reason we were more interested about the easter snacks and drinks then the egg hunt it self.  That's why the egg hunt had to take place in Aussiebar.

Rules were simple:

1. Hide the egg (place or a person)
2. Give 3 hints to the person looking for the egg.
3. Enjoy the show!


For those not speaking fluent finnish. The word egg has two meaning. It either can be one one of those that a hen lays OR men's genitalia.

So you can imagine how hilarious the conversations with people in the bar were?... The bartenders, DJ, other customers absolutely loved us as did the bouncer himself. The bouncer told me that I'll get some egg on my way home after 2am and I just thought he was having a laugh when he actually gave me one of those kinder eggs with a wink at the door while we were leaving.

Every bar has a condom machine. This one with instructions.. 
All that  a girl can do after terrible amount of partying  is to laugh.  2  week detox diet/fasting will be needed after my visit to Finland!
Here's some evidence of my dad cooking.
My heroes in hangover mornings. Salty garlic russian cucumbers.   




I still love the brutal beauty of the finnish nature

Anne got me lured to their city summer cottage and women's sauna. Glad that she did. There's nothing as relaxing after 2 days of partying then the real sauna!




Easter's here! 
I don't know about you but this is the summer cottage experience I know oh so well.  City girl rarely had a change to enjoy family summer cabins but here at my friends garden cottage in Herttoniemi I gathered my best memories of summer holidays. 

For the traditional finnish sauna some sausage (yeah I know it looks a bit strange...) and long drink is needed.
The finnish beauty spa!

Anne made sure that I'll be fit to party on my 3rd day too. With Henkka you never go wrong!

It's shocking to realize how much living in London has already altered me.

1. Some words are hard to remember in finnish.
"Suklaa makarooni? Mikä makarooni?.." (chocolate pasta)
"Siis se kakkunen se sellanen macaroon!" (The cake like thingy)
"Ai siis macarone!" (correction in the right english pronunciation)

2. It's so quiet in the streets that all the people walking too close to you are probably trying something, right?..

3. All the people in the customer service are so rude!



Helsinki's beautiful and quiet.

Splendid dinner/drinks with my ex-colleaques. 
So small that fits under the bar table... Pocket sized venus!

How small city Helsinki can be when you meet your old friends and colleagues at the same club? And make new ones?

We tried to have a round 4 the next day and with Eija noticed that even smelling water made you a bit tipsy. Later in the evening (after a meal)  I just had to stop the drinking and get beaten up in billiard instead.
Birthday chocolate-rasberry volcano cake.
Actually I have to admit that I love the fact that everybody is so rudely honest. And the best feature of all is that people actually usually mean what they say and it's not rude to be quiet when spending time with someone. Not to mention that all my family and friends are here! 

I actually heard that my mum and auntie are trying to find me a man to force me to move back to Helsinki. (Kidnapping would have taken too much energy and been time consuming). 

And I do have to admit: Finnish men are much more easier to understand! (No extra amount of small talk or just being polite but really meaning what you say.) Not to mention the shoulders and height! (Everybody's so much more taller and owns broad shoulder in Finland. I have no idea what happened to me: Short, curvy and strong temper!)


Barbecue time!
sunbathing


My little cousin helping with the dishes.

Some quality time with the girls 

D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti