sunnuntai 3. elokuuta 2014



Relaxing, sun, food, relaxing, feeling the sand between my toes, relaxing, the smell of grass, morning fog and completely stress free empty state of mind.

What's not to love?

So what have I been doing lately? Not much but still pretty much... 

1. Catching up with mates: 

-Saw the amazing flat that Satu owns now with very own small garden and sauna (I so envy you!) and enjoyed "puppy" love served by dashing lady Säde.

Afternoon walk with the ever so approaching thunder storm.


Remember not to stick your head everywhere: You may get some poop all over your face!


Two old trees grown togetrher
Some garden time!



- Yelena and deep conversations about life over a lunch in central Helsinki. Traveling and living abroad changes how you look at the things around you and the whole idea about you in the society. These kind of experiences not only teach you about different cultures and widens up your personal horizon but also makes you question so many things about yourself which you previously took for granted.   

-And the girls night with Johanna, Janina and Anne? Oh my god you girls are amazing! Yet again we had a fantastic night filled with laughter, music and deep (and not so deep) conversations and met some interesting people as usual. 

2. Day cruise to beautiful Tallinn, Estonia with Anne, Noora, and Niina  (highlighted by the amazing beach that Piritta had to offer!). Let the pictures speak more! 





The old Tallin



My alcohol free smoothie cocktail

with urban twist (TOMATO?!) 
@ Butterfly TALLIN 
Quill with green vegetables and cheese sauce. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Leb restaurant in Tallin. 



3. A short road/camping trip with Saara and Milja limited by my shoulder (the amount of pillows and blankets to make the trip comfortable!) which got amazing morning highlight when we got woken up by the local authorities and told that the place we chose isn't actually a camping area (even thought we searched the whole near by area and a local man pointed that spot out but well..) They still were absolutely understanding and laughing a bit to us. (Or was it me and my morning look? Sleeping between my friends and rolling around all night long spiced up with pain killers results amazingly sexy bomb shell look? NOT!).  

But all of this was worth the strange morning: Road trip, conversations, simple pleasures, barbecuing, the sea, Porvoo sight seeing, spending time with amazing friends etc. 

Just outside Helsinki it starts to look like this!


Milja enjoying the shadows too and looking out for those bears that Porvoo is filled with according to her!



Saara always creating music (this time didn't really sing that much. Usually
I return home with a raspy voice after a day/night with her!)




 4. As a surprise I actually got a bit spoiled. Not just empty words but actions and a dinner cooked by man who first promised only banana pancakes with some strawberries. Instead of the pancakes I got a delicious meal: Salmon, fried vegetables and rice. Finale dessert some strawberries, a movie (The Scent of a Woman) and some time together.

I'm pretty sure that he pretends that he really didn't have any idea what he was doing or he didn't plan any of these moves... And I don't mind at all. Perfect evening! That's all this girl needs.

(I'm still going to demand those banana pancakes..  HA!)

5. Spending time with my family:  My amazing nephews joined me and my parents for a morning swim visit at the near by Kumpula outdoor pools (I preferred the sunbathing, looking after our belongings and making sure the boys drank enough water and would try their limits and some tricks while jumping from 1m and 3m. )

From there taking them boys back to my sister and enjoying their amazing house, barbecuing and the sun. Have to say that at my sister's I always feel cosy and like home. (And I just find out that their garage has been transformed to a private studio/party house where I could nest when needed....). My nephews playing football, niece relaxing and reading in her room and the youngest 4 year old running around naked (enjoying the freedom) giggling and explaining to himself and us the conclusions he has made while playing with his cars (Just love that long R that he pronounces in a french way!).

As you can see returning to London won't be as easy as before and there are many things in Finland that will make me question the length of my stay in London. (Like my motivation to somehow gain the ownership of my sisters absolutely stunning house and the banana pancakes!)

Tomorrow Suomenlinna, meeting my big sister Mia and my grandma.  Still lots of things to do before leaving!

And good news guys: It seems that my shoulder is recovering. Slowly, but still some recovery can be seen! (That can be confirmed by my father who has been pleased to see me more calm down and spending more time at home. He just checked again what I'm doing...  No matter how often you explain that you're an independent 27 year old woman living her own life I'll always be his youngest daughter. Dads!)





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti