lauantai 30. elokuuta 2014

Yesterday my spicy spanish colleague stopped me in the staircase to upstairs looking at me meaningfully and asked

"You got something to tell me?.."
"Oh Lay... you weren't in yesterday!"
"YEAH! I heard the news from someone else!"
"Hun hey... I was going to tell you asap"
"Today. 1 -2 drinks... ok?"

What else could I do but to follow her orders and the best part is that in the end there was a small group of people chatting about work and fuming the stress out. I sat over there smiling to myself and thinking how much I'm going to miss these guys. So many inside jokes, conversations about religion, boobs, food.. and fuming out the stress regarding men over a few cocktail pitchers.



After I decided to move back to Finland and finally made the official announcement to my work and the place I got the most amazing offer from the one of the amazing areas of London I felt immediate relief and slightly sad at the same time.

At least no more nasty words for my colleagues and friends or sleepless nights. I have slept these past couple of nights so well that even 6h has been enough!

To be honest there has been something drawing me back to Finland since last Easter like a mosquito  in the back of my mind whining next to your ear all night long when you try to sleep and I truly am one of those stubborn people who needs hardcore evidence to do such a big changes  like moving from country to another or starting yet again almost from a scratch. Last weeks news was that last drop to push me towards this decision.

What is done, is done. A few applications has already been sent, flight dates in mind, moving boxes ordered (and a quotation rumba for the parcel deliveries starts next week. Books... all them bloody books!) and a free furniture+stuff party for my mates organized!

But I have to be honest as well:

I'M F*** SCARED!

How am I supposed to adapt to the finnish culture again? I'm probably just going to end up annoying people with my London stuff like:

"From London you can get that..."
"In London..."
"About London...
"Actually London..."
"Btw London..."

Or when I hear how terribly criminalized Helsinki has become and Finland is such a bad BAD bad place to live: "Actually in London everyone knows someone who got her drink spiked, flashed by naughty men/women, robbed with a knife... you want me to carry on?!.." 

And my now slight english finnish expressions and the lost finnish words?! How about my now softer S?! And my please and thank you's? Saying honey, love, babe to your mates or customers etc. is definitely a no no in Finland!

I better make sure I got the chance to visit London at least a couple of times in a year. To get my hair done in my cheap hair salon, waxing the same thing and all my lotions etc... And my favorite cafe The Chamomile. How will I live without my cafe? My sanctuary where all the stress disappears when that music and that chic furniture + the amazing gluten free food fills my body, mind and soul?

In Finland I'll be greeted by silent movie like atmosphere, a strong angry stare from the cashier when I try to practice small talk, people that think I flirted and hinted a bit more by, again, practicing small talk and those strange queues in front of Starbucks, Burger King or weird 1€ bucket sales.

But also my friends (btw who really have been there when making this decition. I can't even put it in words how much this really means to me and how much with a few kind words you guys have helped me) family, familiar places and the nature will be there for me.

THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN


BTW: Made amazing deals again.
Behold! All this rounded up only £40! And these are new or barely worn. Also bought some spare parts like new back glass (Purple!) for my iphone and it works like a dream.

Poor people can't afford bad quality so I'm glad I found Ebay.

More shoes! I know...couldn't help myself but don't really
have shoes to wear with blue or purple and black wedge
sneakers to keep low profile.

Who wouldn't need jeans which are soft nice quality?

3/4 sleeve shirt

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti