sunnuntai 28. huhtikuuta 2013

So my last days in Finland included a lot of meeting friends and too much caffein. It was nice to how everybody was doing:

Mari hasn't changed at all and her life is full action. She's such a superwoman!

Satu has got herself a rental flat with a sauna. Sauna! I want to have a Sauna too! When I finally open my clinic I make sure I get my house with a sauna! After a long walk in a beautiful finnish nature with Satu's dog Säde Sani joined us and (Which was extremely good for me after all that alcohol and pickled salty cucumbers... I was so swollen up that I even couldn't open my eyes!) we had a classic girls pampering evening with some Aino chocolate mocha ice cream, tea and chocolate rice cookies. That night I slept like a baby!


Laura's relationship is going well and she got country house and a real man. We opened the outdoor+drink season with the welcoming warmth of the sun.  I tried to look for a real russian authentic Matushka scarf but unfortunately the central stores do take too much price for a 2nd hand scarfs. They weren't prepared to make any compromises with the price so I decided in my mind to go and visit  the eastern part of Helsinki to look for my scarf.  At least I found 2 very good leather handbags! Second hand is always better quality then those sold in high street stores. With this income unfortunately I can't yet afford a proper brand handbag...

Jenna's looking great and kids are growing up fast.

Hanna's family is becoming more tighter and that amazing woman has set herself fitness goals. It's nice to have someone to compare the results and share some experience and tips. She helped me to finally find my authentic Matushka scarf!







I always love catching up with Anne! This time we sinned a bit with some proper McDonald meals  and a movie which actually was a really good one when looking at the resent history of finnish film industry. 21 Ways to Ruin a Marriage  I can't remember when was the last time I laughed so much! Too many similarities to our single life's! 

I don't know when the next time to enjoy this delicious burger will come. ..




The flight back from Helsinki to London went again smoothly thanks to Finnair. I always seem to meet exciting people on my flights and this time  sitting next to me was a brazilian man with his 2- year old daughter. Apparently he has been living in Finland for a number of years already but mainly spoke portuguese, spanish, italian and a little bit finnish. We spoke a little bit about our experiences and I did help them to enquiry about their flight connections at Heathrow and even spoke with his finnish wife on a phone to make sure that he would get to the right place on time. I also got the pleasure to look after that cute kid when he had to visit the lavatory.

I think I probably broke a toe carrying all that luggage through London. (Yep... again I managed somehow to get my entire life to the suitcases from study books to DVD's. Tarantino collection CHECK!... )

This time I remembered to take the pot for my Moccamaster!

Next day was yet another reality slap. A reminder of the routines but I was thrilled. I even brought some finnish chocolate for my mates.  (And talking about chocolate... I have eaten so much chocolate that it's probably running in my veins!)

You have no idea how good it feels to be back in London.  Even this weekend filled with work and evenings spend in "fart pants" and Tarantino movies has felt like I'm living my life to the fullest. Last June I couldn't have believed that someday I would feel like this.

Finland, Helsinki, my family and friends will always be in my heart BUT here's where my life is! Some nice day in the future I may open my clinic somewhere outside London when the time is right for that but I'll enjoy my time here when I still can.

London's a place to call my home!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti