perjantai 19. huhtikuuta 2013

Yesterday I woke up 3.30am to prepare myself for the morning flight to Finland. Surprisingly I did the packing all ready last evening so there shouldn't have been any difficulties to be at Heathrow in time right? Yet again as usual I almost missed my flight...

The bus trip to the air port became interesting when an absolutely pissed man decided to jump to the same bus. His friend had to stop the bus and push the man to the bus. The man walked to the center of the bus with a common "Bell's syndrome" drunken face barely understanding where he was.  The oh so nice mixed odor of boost, cigarets and stomach acid filled the buss. I prayed the lord that he wouldn't sit next to me. But once again I was the lucky girl and got some action for my morning!

It didn't take long for this man to start passing out and once he hit his forehead to the pole in front of us.  Then he decided that I was as soft and comfortable as a cosy couch... nice.  My arm occasionally got numb and I tried to wake up the guy to inform him how rude he was. Even the asian guy next to us tried to help me but nothing worked. I could have let him fall down on the hall way or pushed him away but I remembered my early morning bus trips to home in Finland when I passed out etc. and the people there (or a guardian angels) looked after me:

Oh those crazy random after parties and "cover stories". This one time I told to this drunken guy with his mouth full of fast food how hard it is to be dancer in this known club when all the rest of the people just party etc. and treat you like a piece of meat etc. (My brother is even better with these stories. Once he told to be a a gravedigger and how the faces of those who passed away are still haunting him. Yeah right... Thank god he's happily married now a days. ) You also get these entertainers in the bus. Once this one guy started shouting at the buss how big his dick is and offered every and each of us young women in that buss to have a taste. Even those with boyfriends with them... Failure! 

When he seemed to start staring at me like I'm his date for the evening I finally let him hit his head properly to the pole for the second time and that seemed to work because he looked at his phone and stepped out from the bus looking a bit lost. 

Finnair planes are probably the best ones: I got the seat from the back, gluten free snack without a problem and a nice estonian girl seated next to me (who actually lives at the same neighborhood in London as I!). Also a cute angel curl blond blue eye little boy was looking at me at times between the seats with a million dollar smile. He was adorable! 


From floral sunny London Spring...





To grey wet and depressing finnish spring and even the snow has started to melt due to sudden rains!  Apparently I brought the rain with me... Again.



It was exciting to see my mom and dad again and talk about everything that has happened in the last half a year. My phone and Facebook was completely filled with people contacting me to arrange meeting, dinners, coffees etc. I'm glad to see all of you guys!

Dad as usual joked about everything and noticed that my finnish has "suffered" from living and breathing english. My S has become more softer than in finnish language it should be so I sound like the Gopher from the Winnie the Pooh! (strangely I had the same problem when I was a little girl so maybe in my past life I lived in a english speaking country? Or maybe english language is more forgiving than finnish and there fore I have let myself to become lazy with the language corrections?)

I had one of our routine lunch/dinners in front of the Telly. This time they had bought all the seasons from the series Supernatural.

My dad always knows the best things to say about programmes. According to him the food tastes much better when there's some demons running wild on the screen...

First thing in Finland for me to do is always to see my grandma.  I agreed a week a go with my auntie to meet in the center and go to the hospital to surprise her. Unfortunately the flowers I brought for her suffered a little bit in my gentle osteopathic hands and they looked much more like a birch whip we finns use in the Sauna than nice spring flowers they meant to be... I was glad to see her full of spirit and life. She was already planning to get out of the hospital in the beginning of next week so I could do her spring cleaning for her. No matter what the doctors say!



I fell asleep around 8pm exhausted from all that traveling and cultural shocks. (You actually have to speak finnish to the nurses and shop assistants duh!). There fore I spent the friday morning and afternoon at home taking my time and enjoying some finnish delicates like milk products! In england you got yoghurt, Creme Fraiche, more tasty cheese even quark BUT there's so much more in Finland. Here's a little pic of those that Can't be bought easily in the UK.


And my shower experience: OMG! We actually have a good water pressure in the showers, hot water can be taken full granted and the tab water is so tasty: Like honey syrup from the heaven for being so fresh! 

So you probably can imagine me drinking that water like I have never tasted anything like that before and my shower moment was one like from a really good spa. Just like from the Herbal Essence's adverts. 

My mom has become to a conclusion that I have got all my beauty, strength, awesomeness, empathy, sympathy, musical & artistic sense (she claims I stole 3 of her karaoke songs..), cooking skills, Dancing talent etc. from her. 

Right...

This evening the family women will go for make-up, dinner and drinks all together. I'm not sure should I be scared or excited..

We'll see!
  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti